In the past, one of the best ways to install WordPress in Hostgator was through Fatastico. I’ve heard from some fellow bloggers though that this has stopped working for them. Others have also remarked in the past that Fantastico just wasn’t as straightforward as they would have wanted it to be.
Today, there is a faster and easier way to install WordPress. You can now use Quickinstall in Hostgator.
1. First thing’s first, you need to make sure the nameservers of Hostgator have been specified in your domain registry account.
2. Once that’s done, go back to Hostgator and click on Addon Domains. Fill in the details in the Create an Addon Domain section, generate a password and click Add Domain.
3. Go Back to your Hostgator dashboard and click on Quickinstall.
4. In Quickinstall, click on WordPress on the left hand sidebar. Click Continue, locate the domain you want to install WordPress for from the dropdown menu and fill in the blanks with the information required.
5. Click Install Now! and you’re done.
Easy peasy. 🙂